Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (July 21st): 10 teams, No. 5 pick, Super Flex
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 10-team using standard scoring with a super flex (QB-eligible flex) and I have the No. 5 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.05 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings
2.06 - DeMarco Murray, RB, Dallas Cowboys
3.05 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals
4.06 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
5.05 - Jay Cutler, QB, Chicago Bears
6.06 - Keenan Allen, WR, San Diego Chargers
7.05 - Joique Bell, RB, Detroit Lions
8.06 - Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco 49ers
9.05 - Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
10.06 - Mike Wallace, WR, Miami Dolphins
11.05 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans
12.06 - Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills
13.05 - Cincinnati Bengals D/ST
14.06 - Stephen Gostkowski, K, New England Patriots
15.05 - Hakeem Nicks, WR, Indianapolis Colts
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: Over the next 12-24 hours, I will post my updated rankings and one of the guys moving up is Kaepernick to my QB6. While Kaepernick was one of four QBs to rush for over 500 yards last season, he was without his top receiver (Crabtree) for much of the season. With a healthier wide receiver corps, Kaepernick has plenty of upside as the QB11 in this mock. Combining Cutler's production to Josh McCown's, the Bears starters would have finished as the No. 4 fantasy QB last season. Assuming good health in 2014, Cutler is a tremendous value as the QB15.
- RBs: I'm loaded at running back and couldn't resist Bernard in the third round with my hopes of fielding a Kaep/Cutler duo at QB/QB-flex. Perhaps Peterson's age and cumulative workload are concerns, but the Vikings should have a better overall offense under Norv Turner and he's flourished despite facing eight- and nine-men fronts. Murray has durability risk, but he was third among RBs in fantasy points per game (19.4) from Weeks 10 to 16 behind only Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy. Both Bernard and Bell should see bumps in volume in 2014 and they finished as RB15 and RB16 last year.
- WRs: Even though I didn't take my starting WRs, Allen and Crabtree, until Rounds 6 and 8, respectively, I'm comfortable with that starting duo considering the talent on my roster elsewhere. Both are solid WR2's and Wallace, Wright, Watkins and Nicks add some depth and upside at the position.
- TEs: One year after setting the position record for receptions in a season, Witten set seven-year lows in receptions (73) and yards (851) although he scored eight TDs, second-highest in his career. I think the receptions and yards improve this year even though he turned 32 this offseason as the Cowboys offense will need to try to keep with their defense (and points they allow).
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 16-team league using standard scoring and the No. 9 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|