Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (July 24th): 14 teams, No. 6 pick
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 14-team using standard scoring and I have the No. 6 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.06 - Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions
2.09 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals
3.06 - Andre Ellington, RB, Arizona Cardinals
4.09 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons
5.06 - Joique Bell, RB, Detroit Lions
6.09 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
7.06 - Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints
8.09 - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Minnesota Vikings
9.06 - Tre Mason, RB, St. Louis Rams
10.09 - Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City Chiefs
11.06 - Rueben Randle, WR, New York Giants
12.09 - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Titans
13.06 - Cleveland Browns D/ST
14.09 - Dan Bailey, K, Dallas Cowboys
15.06 - Greg Jennings, WR, Minnesota Vikings
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: The 12th QB off the board, Kaepernick is my sixth-ranked fantasy quarterback in 2014. With elite rushing ability for a quarterback, Kaep enters the season with a much better group of pass-catchers than he had last season. Not only is Michael Crabtree healthy, the team added Stevie Johnson via trade and Bruce Ellington, Andre's cousin, via the draft. Based on my fantasy football projections, there is only 13.62-point (less than one fantasy point per game) difference between my QB4 (Matthew Stafford) and QB10 (Tom Brady). In other words, I'd be happy with any in that group — or more specifically, the one that I can get the latest.
- RBs: Too bad this league didn't use PPR scoring as my top-four backs — Gio, Ellington, Bell and Thomas — would be even more valuable. Especially considering I went Megatron in Round 1, I'm happy with that foursome in non-PPR leagues as well. Bernard, Ellington and Bell are all set to see expanded workloads, and perhaps substantially larger ones. Mason provides some depth late as my RB5.
- WRs: Megatron and Roddy give me two top-11 wideouts based on my fantasy rankings so I'm feeling really good about this duo. Of course, Megatron and
should always form one of the top duos in any fantasy league. As I've noted numerous times, White was dominant in December as only two receivers had more yards than he did over those five games to close out the season. Bowe has lost some weight and should be better in 2014. Both Randle and Hunter have upside as late-round picks and Jennings provides some additional depth.
- TEs: While he has had success in the red zone (12 TDs in his past 24 games), Rudolph is a prime breakout candidate in Norv Turner's TE-friendly offense.
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 12-team league using standard scoring with a super flex (QB-eligible flex) and the No. 7 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|