Fantasy Football ADP (August 18th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 8/11 to 8/18 in parenthesis) by position:
- Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens: -13.5 (171.8 on 8/11 to 158.3 on 8/18)
- Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons: -5.5 (73.6 to 68.1)
- Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals: -5.0 (150.1 to 145.1)
- Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints: -19.6 (144.9 to 125.3)
- Andre Williams, New York Giants: -18.6 (122.4 to 103.8)
- Ronnie Hillman, Denver Broncos: -18.6 (168.5 to 149.9)
- Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns: -23.6 (133.3 to 109.7)
- Kelvin Benjamn, Carolina Panthers: -13.9 (114.6 to 100.7)
- Brandin Cooks, New Orleans Saints: -13.4 (83.1 to 69.7)
- Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears: -7.1 (132.9 to 125.8)
- Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers: -5.0 (120.6 to 115.6)
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: -3.9 (185.6 to 181.7)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 8/11 to 8/18 in parenthesis) by position:
- Josh McCown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +8.0 (151.6 on 8/11 to 159.6 on 8/18)
- Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: +4.9 (92.0 to 96.9)
- Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles: +4.8 (65.5 to 70.3)
- C.J. Anderson, Denver Broncos: +18.1 (163.6 to 181.7)
- Knile Davis, Kansas City Chiefs: +8.3 (143.1 to 151.4)
- Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers: +8.0 (168.0 to 176.0)
- Jerricho Cotchery, Carolina Panthers: +13.6 (177.9 to 191.5)
- Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills: +11.2 (161.5 to 172.7)
- James Jones, Oakland Raiders: +7.7 (146.8 to 154.5)
- Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions: +11.2 (122.6 to 133.8)
- Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers: +3.9 (156.6 to 160.5)
- Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts: +2.7 (177.6 to 180.3)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Fantasy Football TE Rankings
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|