Fantasy Football ADP (August 25th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 8/18 to 8/25 in parenthesis) by position:
- E.J. Manuel, Buffalo Bills: -8.7 (191.1 on 8/18 to 182.4 on 8/25)
- Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears: -6.2 (91.4 to 85.2)
- Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins: -5.2 (164.8 to 159.6)
- Shonn Greene, Tennessee Titans: -19.3 (169.6 to 150.3)
- Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers: -18.5 (176.0 to 157.5)
- Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints: -9.8 (125.3 to 115.5)
- Kenbrell Thompkins, New England Patriots: -23.4 (181.4 to 158.0)
- Justin Hunter, Tennessee Titans: -17.7 (132.2 to 114.5)
- Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars: -10.3 (157.4 to 147.1)
- Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs: -11.1 (179.6 to 168.5)
- Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings: -7.6 (92.7 to 85.1)
- Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears: -5.1 (125.8 to 120.7)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 8/18 to 8/25 in parenthesis) by position:
- Josh McCown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +8.6 (159.6 on 8/18 to 168.2 on 8/25)
- Eli Manning, New York Giants: +7.6 (145.6 to 153.2)
- Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers: +5.4 (88.3 to 93.7)
- Andre Brown, Free Agent: +22.2 (150.7 to 172.9)
- Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati Bengals: +6.8 (102.9 to 109.7)
- Roy Helu, Washington Redskins: +6.7 (173.2 to 179.9)
- Marvin Jones, Cincinnati Bengals: +15.4 (133.4 to 148.8)
- Odell Beckham, Jr., New York Giants: +12.0 (170.1 to 182.1)
- Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills: +11.4 (172.7 to 184.1)
- Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams: +4.7 (173.1 to 176.9)
- Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens: +4.5 (90.4 to 94.9)
- Dwayne Allen, Indianapolis Colts: +3.8 (181.5 to 186.2)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Fantasy Football TE Rankings
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|