Fantasy Football ADP (August 4th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 7/28 to 8/4 in parenthesis) by position:
- Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams: -7.9 (191.1 on 7/28 to 183.2 on 8/4)
- E.J. Manuel, Buffalo Bills: -7.0 (194.4 to 187.4)
- Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns: -6.0 (189.2 to 183.2)
- Andre Williams, New York Giants: -14.7 (187.7 to 173.0)
- James White, New England Patriots: -8.0 (186.3 to 178.3)
- James Starks, Green Bay Packers: -6.0 (186.6 to 180.6)
- Cody Latimer, Denver Broncos: -8.5 (195.4 to 186.9)
- Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins: -6.4 (189.1 to 182.7)
- Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams: -6.3 (183.3 to 177.0)
- Jace Amaro, New York Jets: -11.3 (187.9 to 176.6)
- Garrett Graham, Houston Texans: -10.0 (184.0 to 174.0)
- Jermichael Finley, Free Agent: -7.2 (174.3 to 167.1)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 7/28 to 8/4 in parenthesis) by position:
- Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars: +8.6 (158.7 on 7/28 to 167.3 on 8/4)
- Matt Cassel, Minnesota Vikings: +3.5 (182.7 to 186.2)
- Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings: +2.7 (186.7 to 189.4)
- John Kuhn, Green Bay Packers: +7.5 (182.5 to 190.0)
- Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers: +5.1 (136.4 to 141.5)
- Marcus Lattimore, San Francisco 49ers: -3.3 (183.2 to 186.5)
- Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders: +4.9 (180.1 to 185.0)
- Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns: +4.5 (167.0 to 171.5)
- Mario Manningham, New York Giants: +4.4 (184.3 to 188.7)
- Anthony Fasano, Kansas City Chiefs: +6.3 (187.8 to 194.1)
- Tyler Eifert, Cincinnati Bengals: +3.7 (177.5 to 181.2)
- Owen Daniels, Baltimore Ravens: +2.3 (185.9 to 188.2)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Fantasy Football TE Rankings
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|