Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (August 5th): 12 teams, No. 11 pick
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 12-team league using standard scoring and I have the No. 11 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.11 - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos
2.02 - Montee Ball, RB, Denver Broncos
3.11 - Andre Ellington, RB, Arizona Cardinals
4.02 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons
5.11 - Joique Bell, RB, Detroit Lions
6.02 - Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns
7.11 - Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints
8.02 - Eric Decker, WR, New York Jets
9.11 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
10.02 - Khiry Robinson, RB, New Orleans Saints
11.11 - Marvin Jones, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
12.02 - Hakeem Nicks, WR, Indianapolis Colts
13.11 - St. Louis Rams D/ST
14.02 - Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks
15.11 - Ronnie Hillman, RB, Denver Broncos
16.02 - Matt Bryant, K, Atlanta Falcons
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: Earlier today, I wrote a post featuring 12 undervalued players based on current ADPs and Kaepernick appeared on the list. (As did a few other players on this roster.) See that post for why I love getting Kaepernick at 9.11.
- RBs: Although Ball had an appendectomy yesterday, he should be ready for the opener, but I added Hillman as insurance just in case. While he is unproven, he has top-five upside as we saw from Knowshon last year. Extremely productive on a per-touch basis last year, Ellington's usage rate is expected to spike in 2014. Bell finished as a top-20 fantasy running back last season and his workload is also expected to increase some this year. Thomas and Robinson provide additional depth. Thomas led NFL RBs last year in catches (77) and Robinson has been compared to HOFer Curtis Martin by Parcells.
- WRs: DT has been a stud in his two seasons with Peyton Manning as QB and extremely consistent: 92-94 catches for 1,430-1,434 yards and 10-14 TDs. White has dominant in his final five games last year (43/502/2) and should be in store for a bounce-back season now that he's healthy. Decker moves to a less favorable fantasy situation, but he's clearly the guy and in turn should see his targets increase. Jones, Nicks and Baldwin provide some WR depth.
- TEs: As it turned out, several of the high-upside tight ends that I like were available really late in this mock, but Cameron at 6.02 is a nice value as well. As examples, Jordan Reed went at 10.5 and Zach Ertz went at 12.3. One year after a breakout season as only Jimmy Graham had more receiving yards at tight end last year, Cameron should see his targets spike with Josh Gordon's looming full-year suspension.
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 20-team standard scoring and the No. 13 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|