Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (August 6th): 20 teams, No. 13 pick
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 20-team league using standard scoring and I have the No. 13 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.13 - Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
2.08 - Toby Gerhart, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
3.13 - Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
4.08 - Trent Richardson, RB, Indianapolis Colts
5.13 - Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City Chiefs
6.08 - Zach Ertz, TE, Philadelphia Eagles
7.13 - Carlos Hyde, RB, San Francisco 49ers
8.08 - Christine Michael, RB, Seattle Seahawks
9.13 - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Titans
10.08 - Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
11.13 - Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks
12.08 - Cleveland Browns D/ST
13.13 - Marqise Lee, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
14.08 - Dan Bailey, K, Dallas Cowboys
15.13 - John Brown, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: Surprised that only four other QBs were off the board by pick 3.13 (53rd overall) in such a deep league, but there was no way I'd let my fourth-ranked fantasy QB slip any further. One of a handful of QBs with a 5,000-yard season under his belt, Stafford has a chance to do it again with his best group of weapons in his career.
- RBs: My top-ranked RB on the board, Gerhart will be the team's three-down workhorse back with upside for 300 touches and 1,500 YFS (or more). Even though T-Rich is my 22nd-ranked fantasy RB, which makes him a strong RB2 in a 20-teamer, I'd much rather have more of a sure thing here. While he could easily be a bust, there is the potential that he could turn out to be a bargain. (My fingers are crossed.) Hyde and Michael are both back-ups in run-control offenses. Injuries have secured Hyde's role as the No. 2 behind Gore, who turned 31 years old this year. Michael should see an expanded role in the offense even though Marshawn Lynch's holdout was short-lived.
- WRs: Along with Calvin Johnson, Dez is the only other receiver with 3,500-plus yards and 30-plus TDs over the past three seasons. I'm not crazy about Bowe as my WR2, but I like Hunter as a breakout candidate as my WR3. The lanky (6-foot-4) Hunter has added 15 pounds this offseason and he has elite measurables (4.4 forty, 40-inch vertical). Baldwin is a safe and solid as my WR4; and in 20-team leagues, consistent production is especially valuable. Especially with the injuries and suspensions in the receiving corps, Lee is a nice value as the 253rd overall pick. Brown is one of my favorite deep sleepers.
- TEs: Ertz had a solid rookie season, but much more is expected from Ertz in Year 2 as the coaching staff and beat writers have talked him up.
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring and the No. 4 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|