2017 Fantasy Football Rankings: Championship Game TE Rankings
Scoring: These rankings are based on standard-scoring formats -- one point per 10 rushing yards, six points per rushing touchdown plus one point per 10 receiving yards and six points per receiving touchdown.
Here are AFC and NFC Championship Game Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings from Kevin Hanson:
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
With the exception of Vance McDonald, who finished with 10 catches for 112 yards last weekend, the Jaguars only allowed three (other) tight ends to go over 50 receiving yards this season. Of course, Gronk is a matchup nightmare and he should see a heavy dose of targets from Tom Brady, especially given the talented Jacksonville perimeter corners.
Fantasy Baseball Mock Simulator: Complete FREE mock drafts in just minutes.
2. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles
While Gronk's matchup isn't favorable, Ertz has an even more difficult matchup. No team allowed fewer fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season than the Vikings. Finishing with 70-plus catches, 100-plus targets and 800-plus yards this season, Ertz also set a career high in touchdowns (eight). The loss of Carson Wentz limits his upside as the team will lean heavily on Jay Ajayi and their backfield as none of the team's pass-catchers exceeded five targets in last week's 15-10 win over the Falcons.
3. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
With 15 touchdowns over the past two seasons, Rudolph's numbers dipped year-over-year (83/840 in 2016 to 57/532 in 2017). Even though Rudolph has a more favorable matchup than either Gronk or Ertz, I'd still rank him third this weekend. That said, the gap between him and Ertz is closer than that between Ertz and Gronkowski.
4. Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars
Scoring five touchdowns this season, Lewis had three of them in one game (Week 3). Over the next three games, he sandwiched a one-catch, 14-yard performance with a pair of goose eggs. If the Jags are able to move the ball with any success, Lewis could be the recipient of a red-zone target or two, but he's nothing more than a fantasy dart throw.
Here are the next seven tight ends:
5. Trey Burton, Philadelphia Eagles
6. Dwayne Allen, New England Patriots
7. James O'Shaughnessy, Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles
9. David Morgan, Minnesota Vikings
10. Ben Koyack, Jacksonville Jaguars
11. Jacob Hollister, New England Patriots
More Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- Fantasy Football Mock Draft Simulator
- Fantasy Football Strength of Schedule
- Fantasy Football Projections
- Fantasy Football Mock Draft
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Cheat Sheets
- 2018 NFL Mock Draft
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft
- 2017 NBA Mock Draft
- NFL Mock Draft Database
- NBA Mock Draft Database