2020 NFL Power Rankings: Atlanta Falcons
Throughout the 2020 NFL season, we will compile a consensus NFL Power Rankings that averages the rankings of all 32 NFL teams.
Here is where the Atlanta Falcons rank in terms of average, best and worst:
- Average ranking: 28.2 (28th)
- Best ranking: 26th (The Athletic)
- Worst ranking: 30th (ESPN)
Below you will find a Week 6 roundup for the Falcons in our consensus 2020 NFL Power Rankings.
The Athletic -- Rank: 26
- Prioritize leadership skills above all else.
- Lean toward an offensive coach.
- Move on from coaches who harp on "flipping the field" or "manageable third downs" during their interviews.
- Find someone who is open-minded.
- Cast a wide net and interview a lot of people.
- Get a clear picture of how they're going to fill out their staff.
- Don't hire a coach because he once drove Bill Belichick to the airport or brunched with Sean McVay.
CBS Sports -- Rank: 28
USA Today -- Rank: 28
ESPN -- Rank: 30
Yes, Matt Ryan hasn't thrown a touchdown over the past two games, and the 0-5 Falcons are built to rely on offense. But the defense can't continue to surrender 32.2 points and 446 total yards per game. And it can't continue to blow big fourth-quarter leads like it did against the Cowboys and Bears. -- Vaughn McClure
NFL.com -- Rank: 29
+ Previous update: Atlanta Falcons Week 5 NFL Power Rankings Roundup
More Atlanta Falcons pages:
- Atlanta Falcons Mock Draft Roundup
- Atlanta Falcons Snap Counts
- Atlanta Falcons Franchise Leaders
- Atlanta Falcons Draft History
- Atlanta Falcons Schedule
- Atlanta Falcons Tickets
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft
- 2020 NBA Mock Draft
- Fantasy Football Rankings
- Fantasy Football Mock Drafts